Monday, May 5, 2008

Bored.

I'm bored.

Working on my 40K army at the moment. This is currently what I've got:

HQ:
  • Warboss with Big Choppa and Boss Pole (70 points)

Troops:
  • Blood Axes 'Ard Boyz Mob (10) with shootas + stikkbombs. One boy with big shoota. (115 points)
  • Evil Sunz Trukk Boyz Mob (12) with Choppas and Sluggas. One boy with Rokkit launcher, One Nob with Powerklaw and Bosspole. (123 points)

Dedicated Transport:

  • Evil Sunz Trukk (1) with Red Paint Job, Armour Plates, Wrecking Ball, Reinforced Ram, and Boarding Planks. (65 points)

Fast Attack:

  • Evil Sunz Warbikerz (3). One biker is a Nob with Big Choppa and Boss Pole. (70 points)

443 Points total.

So I basically still need more troops to get to a playable 500 point army. Somewhat dissapointing. I can probably play some 450 point games though, if anyone is up for it.

Some of the wargear options i've only added to up my point totals to get closer to 500 points. For example i'll probably only take Red Paint Job on the Trukk once I get more Boyz. The Blood Axes Mob are 'Ard boyz simply because I don't have more Boyz to take, might as well make them a bit tougher.

I need more Boyz. I'm only shooting for a small army at the moment, in the range of 500-750 points. I think my best purchase (moneywise) would be to get another Battleforce. But i'm not sure. That would still only give me 22 more boyz, and I would use 12 of those as Trukk Boyz for the other Trukk. I would add the other 10 boyz too my existing Blood Axe mob.

I could buy 22 more boyz (i hear you can get 11 off one sprue, you just need an extra base) and add 6 to my current Blood Axe mob and then have another new Shoota Mob with 16 boyz.

I'd like large mobz to make use of the fearless (i think thats the name of the USR) rule, but I also want to be able to maneuver.

What I think i'm going to do is buy a box of boyz and confirm you can get 11 boyz off the sprue (my shoota mob needz a PK Nob currently) and then i'll add 5 shoota boyz a PK Nob.

I could then get another box of boyz and make a new mob of 16 boyz.

Of course with 20 boyz In each mob I could add 2 special weapons (big shootas or rokkits).

Hmmm....decisions, decisions...
I'll probably just get that battleforce box again because I do want another trukk...

So something like

Warboss
2 trukk boyz mobz (slugga/choppa boyz, each unit with 'eavy armor PK Nobs and Rokkit boy)
1 Blood Axe mob (20 strong with an 'eavy armor PK nob and two big shoota boyz [probably should go with rokkits, but I don't care])
2 Warbiker Units of 3 boyz each (Both with BC nobs)

No comments: